skip to content

Post Office

Post office

During the 80-year War (1568-1648), the Spanish governor or commander stayed in this former mansion. After 1918, the premises were rebuilt fairly in line with the original style, although the front was given an additional stepped facade and a tabernacle window in Flemish renaissance style. The building became a post office and in 1989, as a new sorting centre, it was given a major extension.